Tri-Element Hanging Ceiling Microphone
The M3 is an innovative, tri-element hanging ceiling microphone designed for applications where aesthetics, sound quality, and ease of installation are critical. The M3 is an ideal audio capture solution for video conferencing, distance learning, courtroom activities, and surgical procedures. It can also be used for ambient room miking and surveillance.
The M3 ceiling microphone incorporates three phase-coherent hypercardioid capsules with tailored frequency response optimized for speech intelligibility. This is accomplished by minimizing frequencies caused by noise, vibration, paper shuffling, keyboard strokes, fans, and heating /air conditioning. Low noise preamp circuitry is employed for the highest possible signal to noise and studio-quality sound. A high-quality silicone jacketed microphone cable ensures a balanced, shielded signal and a very clean look. Electronics above the ceiling are housed within a plenum-rated junction box and cable connections are made via an RJ45 connector embedded within a proprietary brass housing for an airtight seal.
- 100% RF shielding and immunity
- Gold diaphragm condenser capsules with studio-quality sound
- Low impedance design allows for extremely long cable runs (if required) without cross-talk or interference
- Frequency and pattern tailored for voice clarity and rejection of extraneous noise
- Evenly dispersed sound with undetectable phase
- High-quality silicone jacketed microphone cable with adjustable length and position
- Plenum-rated junction box with RJ45 connector
- All visible components of the microphone and cable are the same color: charcoal or white
- TAA compliant
- Very high output, low self-noise
- Easy to install
Note: The M3 Series has several model options including a Dante | Aes67 enabled mic kit. Please see below.
|Transducer Type||Pre-Polarized Condenser|
|Frequency Response||30 Hz – 19 kHz|
|Optimized Response||70 Hz – 9 kHz|
|Output Impedance||150 Ohms balanced|
|Sensitivity||34 mV / Pa @ 1k|
|Equivalent Noise Level||22 dB (A weighted)|
|Off Axis Rejection||1 capsule >23 dB at 180º relative to 0º 2 capsules >18 dB at 120º 3 capsules >9 dB at 60º|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||72 dB|
|Maximum SPL||≥128 dB|
|Dynamic Range||106 dB|
|Power Requirements||18 – 52 Volts phantom|
|Connector||Terminal block or XLR|
|Polarity||Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector|
|Materials / Finish||95 grams (mic only) / 3.32 ounces|
|Weight||50mm (2 inches)|
|Length||30mm (1.2 inches)|
1x M3 Ceiling Microphone
1x JBM3 Plenum-Rated Junction Box
1x ANCHRJB60V2 Seismic/fire Strain Relief
1x CBLM3TERM Breakout Cable
- M3W – Tri-element hanging ceiling microphone, low profile, balanaced circuit, RF immunity. White.
- M3G – As above, grey.
- M3WSERVO – M3W designed specifically for use with Servoreeler.
- M3GSERVO – As above, grey.
- M3WHM – M3W designed for hard mount ceiling installations without drop tile ceilings (dry wall). Includes tri-element hanging ceiling mic w/4×4 lid. Integrates with a standard 4×4″ electrical box with minimum of 1.5″ depth. White.
- M3GHM – As above, grey.
- M3W6 – M3W with longer 6′ mic cable.
- M3G6 – As above, grey.
- M3WDK – Dante | AES67 microphone and interface kit