General Position Summary:
The credit analyst plays a key role in recommending new credit and extensions through research and analysis of financial documents using the Company’s credit parameters. This position is accountable for the accounts receivable aging, collections and related compliance practices of the Company.
- Uses established guidelines to evaluate and determine customer credit terms and limits.
- Monitors all domestic accounts for past due balances, customer terms and A/R aging.
- Performs collections on aged accounts. Accountable for all collections.
- Prepares reports and keeps files to record the customer credit history.
- Reviews and approves customer orders, returns, issues credit memos.
- Collaborates with Sales staff for team approach to manage customer accounts.
- Prepares and submits monthly credit data for industry credit associations or groups and attends credit meetings as required.
- Obtains, tracks, and manages all aspects of A/R resale certificates.
- Prepares ad hoc reports for CFO.
- Consults with customers, sales reps and sale department to resolve customer account issues.
- Reviews and manages delinquent accounts.
- Processes payments and invoices.
- Assists with period end reconciliations.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work instructions, and direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are required, as well as the ability to analyze and interpret a wide range of financial data from multiple resources.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and credit laws.
- Organizational skills and sound business judgment are necessary.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products as well as experience with relevant ERP software.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, professional communication, and team-building skills.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations to ensure compliance with various governmental regulations is highly preferred.
- Excellent time and project management skills. Able to work on multiple tasks with varying timelines and priorities while meeting given deadlines.
- Must exercise tact, diplomacy and independent judgment, as guided by policy, in the performance of duties. Utilizes collaborative approach to decision making.
- Must always be discreet with confidential information.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, depending on relevance to job duties.
Minimum of 5 years of similar experience in credit and collections, preferably in manufacturing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; manipulate objects, tools, and controls; walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl for long periods of time. May be required to lift up to 30lbs. and lift more than 30 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to focus, and the ability to distinguish colors. The employee will work in a normal office environment and occasionally in a manufacturing environment near and/or with moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, and airborne particles where the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with the Job Title in the Subject line.